IPoP (after-school program)
Important dates for Winter
- Online brochure posted from Friday 2 November.
- 9 November: Winter registration opens at 10 am
- 12 November: Initial registration deadline at midnight
- 14 November: IPoP class confirmations made available to view on the Family Portal
- 19 November: 50% cancellation fee applies after this date
- 7 January: Winter IPoP term starts
- 17 January: 100% cancellation fee applies after this date. Winter registration closes at noon.
- 21 January: Invoices will be issued this week. Invoices will include all winter IPoP class fees and any cancellation fees.
- 7 March: Last day of the winter IPoP term
A 10% increase in class fees reflects the total cost of running and maintaining the IPoP program.
IPoP is the after-school program for lower school students. IPoP sessions are open to all ASL students enrolled in K2-Grade 4. K1 students are invited in the Spring term. The program provides an opportunity for children to engage in educational activities in an atmosphere where social, rather than academic, development is stressed.
IPoP activities vary by season, but may include activities such as:
- Sports (golf, tennis, hockey, soccer, aquatics, taekwondo, fencing, gymnastics)
- Studio arts (Ceramics, crafts, design, photography)
- Technology (robotics, keyboarding, coding, Minecraft
- Performing arts (dance, guitar, stage performance)
If you have any questions about the program, contact program director Trevor Jones, email@example.com.
Children are allowed to bring a snack and/or drink to have while they are waiting for their after school class to start. Snacks should be healthy, easy to manage for the child and because of time, not take a long to eat. Vegetable sticks, a few pretzels, a half sandwich, a piece of cheese and a juice box are some examples of snacks that a child could eat independently. No candy or soda is allowed. Reminder: children are not allowed to share their snacks with their classmates.
Maximum rate of participation:
- K1: 1 hour class (spring term only)
- K2: 2 hours per week
- Gr 1-4: 5 hours per week
Non-IPoP activities (e.g., tutoring, occupational therapy sessions) should be selected only if an IPoP class is selected on the same day.
Cancellation after registration, and up until the end of the 2nd week of any IPoP term, will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Thereafter the full class fee will apply.