Computer science and engineering design (CSED)
The study of CSED informs how, as world citizens, we use the technology-rich environment around us—not merely as consumers of media but as creators, artists, inventors and makers who actively and intentionally integrate technology into products and services that shape how we live. ASL’s course offerings in CSED prepare students to become resourceful and purposeful integrators of technology.
A semester credit in any of the CSED course satisfies ASL’s technology graduation requirement.
CSED classes: (each provides one or more technology credits)
- Art and Code (*also satisfies one semester credit in art)
- Design and Engineering
- Introduction to Programming
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- Topics in Computer Science: Computational Circuits
- Topics in Computer Science: Game Design and App Development