- What did I register for?
- Changes to existing registration / Late registration
- How will things be different this season owing to COVID?
- Meeting point and pick-up times
- Activity buses and late buses
- Student dismissal from external venues
Places in the program can be limited. If a program reaches capacity students are allocated using a lottery system. We endeavour to make sure that every student who signs up has the opportunity to participate in at least one sport or activity during the season.
The commitment for these programs is typically 1 day a week for grade 5 & 6 and 2 days a week for grade 7 & 8. Students failing to honour this commitment may be removed from activity. Should an activity not have enough registered athletes we may have to cancel, in which case we will email the families affected to offer alternatives.
All athletes must also complete a medical waiver form in order to participate.
During the excitement of registering you have forgot what you signed up for or are unsure what you what program you are confirmed for? No problem.
Students: Follow the link here to review the "how to" guide to review what athletic programs you have been registered in.
Parents: Follow the link here to review the "how to" guide to review what athletic programs your child has been registered in.
If you have registered for a program and would like to be change this will be done as soon as possible. If you are leaving a program you have been confirmed in, this does not give you priority to enter another program.
If you have missed our registration deadline, you will need to fill out the late registration form. Your request will be process as soon as possible. Please note that there is some capacity constraints for programs due to the size and space of some facilities.
There will be many differences in the sports "experience" compared to pre-COVID. Many of these will be sport specific, and athletes will be given information that is pertinent to their group. In addition:
- There will be cleaning/ sanitizing protocols during sessions
- Student athletes will have to wear masks in transit to and from sport facilities and when not actively engaged in the sport.
- There will be no changing rooms available at Canons Park
All students are to meet their coaches in gym foyer unless their activity is listed as being at the ASL Pool, Commons, Farmer Family Gym or Blue Gym, in which case they should go directly to the venue.
Pick up times:
The times listed on the practice schedule are when the students should arrive for the activity and when they will be released from ASL main campus.
For student dismissal from external venues (including Canons park) we have a coach to parent/guardian handoff policy. Students are not to be dismissed from the activity venue unless a parent or guardian is there to collect their child. Coaches cannot allow students to take a taxi or to use public transportation, even with the parents' permission. Students may only be dismissed from ASL main campus.
We ask that all athletes do the following at every session:
- Shake the coach's hand upon arrival
- Make eye contact with the coach as they speak throughout the session
- When called in from a drill or a break, all athletes are to jog or swim back to their coach, not walk or wander
- Thank the coach at the end of each session