The Bruce House Society honors those who have included the American School in London in their long-term plans through a bequest provision, a life-income gift, or another deferred giving arrangement. A planned gift may help you meet important financial planning objectives. For example, through a planned gift, you could:
- Reduce taxes, including income, capital gains, gift and estate taxes
- Transfer assets to children or grandchildren who will receive your financial support estate-tax free and on a timetable you predetermine
- Augment income at retirement by establishing a trust that can reinvest your assets in vehicles that increase the return, without incurring a capital gains tax on the sale and reinvestment
- Turn non-income producing assets into cash for reinvestment in order to provide a new stream of income for you or someone you designate
If you have already included ASL in a bequest or other planned gift, please contact the Advancement office at +44 (0)20 7449 1260 as this helps the School plan for the future. We acknowledge and respect those who wish to remain anonymous and we urge you to let us know of your plans on a confidential basis.
How to join the Bruce House Society
Gifts to the Bruce House Society include the following and offer significant tax benefits to US taxpayers:
- Bequests of cash, securities or real property
- Qualified retirement plan benefits
- Remainder interest in a personal residence or farm
- Charitable trusts created in lifetime or by will
- Providing for a charitable lead or a charitable remainder trust
- Life insurance proceeds
The Bruce House Society celebrates the tradition of generosity at ASL and promotes a connection from one generation of ASLers to the next.
If you have not yet included ASL in your long-term plans and would like to explore the best options for you and your family, please consult your financial planner, attorney or accountant regarding the structure and documentation of your gift or bequest.
For additional questions, please contact Beth Crutcher, Director of Advancement, email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7449 1260.