Head of School search
The Head of School search presents an exciting opportunity to think ambitiously about ASL’s future, and to be selective and deliberate in choosing the leader best equipped to fulfill that vision. The Search Committee is looking forward to finding an outstanding leader for our school. We are committed to a thoughtful, thorough and rigorous search, while keeping the community well informed and engaged throughout. At the same time, we must balance the desire for transparency with the need for confidentiality that is critical in any search process.
Update (4 May, 2022)
Dear ASL community,
We trust you are all well. We write with a brief update on the Head of School search.
Our consultants from RG175 are now in London visiting ASL this week. They had a very productive and insightful first day today, thanks to everyone that has taken part in their visit so far.
Parents can still sign up to meet with the consultants. There are several parent sessions available tomorrow and you can sign up here (login required). All sessions will take place in the School Center.
Also, the community survey is now live. It will be available until the end of Sunday, 8 May, so please complete it by then. We really do hope to hear from as many people as possible - it is hugely important to this process.
Many thanks for all your input.
- What is the role of the search firm?
- How was the search firm selected and why RG175?
- What is the role of the Search Committee and the Board of Trustees in the Head of School search?
- How was the Search Committee formed and who is on the committee?
- What is the role of the Head of School (or interim Head of School) in the search process?
- What is the search process and timeline?
- How can I be involved in the Head of School search process?
- Will there be any internal candidates?
- How does RG175 develop its candidate pool?
Thoughts or questions?
Members of the Search Committee include board members:
- Hahnah Seminara (Co-chair)
- Kavi Thakrar (Co-chair)
- Darren Allaway
- Alison MacDougald
- Sherine Magar-Sawiris
- Erin Roth
- Nikos Stathopoulos
Faculty, staff and school administration are represented by:
- Megan Gomm
- Jen Kirstein
- Ruksana Murtaza
- Matt Twiest