Life in London
ASL is located in central London in St. John's Wood, near to the famous Abbey Road Studios and Lord's Cricket Ground, just minutes from Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
Our location allows opportunities to further enhance the educational experience for our students, as well as provide numerous cultural and leisure opportunities for our teachers. Many ASL faculty and staff members live close to the School.
From restaurants and musical events to museums and the theater, there's always something to do and see. One of the world's most exciting cities, London offers a variety of activities and experiences for all ages. London is a global hub, rich with history and culture. Our student field trips can include:
- The Globe Theatre
- Victorian London and the City
- One of many galleries and museums, including the Tate Modern and the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Greenwich Observatory
London is also a great "jumping-off point" for keen travelers and many European capitals are just a short flight away. School trips take our students and teachers all over the world on educational adventures. These can include:
- Alternatives: four days for high school students to participate in a cultural, adventure or service experiences across Europe and the UK
- Middle and high school language immersion trips to France and Spain to improve language skills
- International sports tournaments: athletes and their coaches routinely travel to competitions in cities such as Paris, Brussels, Cairo, Frankfurt and Geneva
- International Honor Band/Choir/Orchestra
- Service learning within the UK and as far away as South Africa
- Robotics competitions in the UK, US and Asia