Thank you for your interest in the American School in London for the 2013-14 school year. You may begin to apply for financial aid from 1 February 2013, as described below. To be eligible for consideration for financial aid at ASL you must complete your application by 1 April 2013. We will communicate decisions about financial aid on or around 30 April 2013.
We use School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your 2013-14 financial aid application, follow the steps below. Once you have submitted the application, please send an email to notify admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement online
- From 1 February 2013, visit sss.nais.org/parents
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to begin the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online.
- You will set up a PFS online account using your email address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your email address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
- The ASL school code is 2175.
- Submit and pay for the PFS. Vouchers are available for families who find it a financial burden to pay the SSS processing fee. Please contact the admissions office for a voucher.
Information for parents paid in currencies other than US dollars
- Parents paid in pounds sterling should convert the currency at a rate of $1.60 = £1.
- Parents paying UK taxes should use estimated figures from April 2012 to March 2013 where it calls for figures from fiscal year 2012.
- Families paid in other currencies should call the admissions office for the current conversion rate.
Additional documentation required
In addition to the PFS, ASL requires copies of your most recent tax return, pay slip and a statement of need. The statement of need should outline your family circumstances.
You can either upload these documents to SSS or submit directly to ASL via the mail.
Documents must be received by 1 April 2013. Please note, your application will not be considered complete until these documents have been received.
To submit these documents online, go to the Manage Documents tab in the PFS Online. There, you can upload documents from your computer. Save each document separately in one of the following formats: Adobe Acrobat pdf, Microsoft Word, .jpg, or .tif. On the Manage Documents page, click on “Browse,” locate the document, then click on “Upload.”
To submit these documents by mail, send one copy (not the original) of each document to Renee Green, Associate Dean of Admissions, The American School in London, One Waverley Place, London NW8 0NP.
Call SSS Customer Service at (800) 344 8328 (Monday-Friday, 9 am-8 pm EST; Saturday, 9 am-4 pm EST), or contact Associate Dean of Admissions Renee Green, (0) 20 7449 1301.
Financial aid checklist
- PFS submitted online
- Statement of need submitted online/by mail
- Payslip for December 2012
- UK tax return for year ending April 2012 (April 2013 if available)
- US tax return for year ending December 2011 (December 2012 if available)
- P45 if applicable
- Business/farm statement if applicable