What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a number of excellent benefits:
- Private pension (5 percent contribution from employee, 10 percent from the School)
- Private medical insurance
- Financial assistance to travel home every two years (if your country of domicile is outside the UK)
- Generous budget for professional development and many opportunities on and off campus
- Tuition fee waiver for dependent children (means tested)
- Subsidized daily lunch
- Life insurance
- Income Replacement Insurance for prolonged absence due to accident or sickness
- Down-payment assistance for property purchase (after two years’ employment)
- The opportunity to apply for sabbatical leave (after seven years’ employment)
- Use of school fitness center
- Opportunities to travel in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and farther afield through participation in school activities.
The School provides financial support to new teachers and their families if they live more than 50 miles from ASL and must relocate in order to accept a position at the School. The relocation package includes:
- A travel and shipping allowance, reimbursed on the production of receipts
- A ‘settling in’ allowance to assist with the expense of moving
- Reimbursement of visa and visa-related expenses (if applicable)
- Seven nights’ hotel accommodation on arrival and airport pick-up
- A final travel and shipping allowance when you return to your home country if you have relocated from outside the UK
- Support and advice in finding housing
ASL is committed to supporting and encouraging ongoing learning by its faculty. In addition to a personal professional development allowance, the School devotes a generous percentage of its budget, more than £200,000, to adult learning. We have a robust program of ASL teachers mentoring and teaching each other, observing practice, and working together across the School to improve student learning. Our location in London provides easy access to courses and conferences in the UK, Europe and North America. The School also provides funding for summer study and sabbaticals. Recently, ASL teachers have attended summer courses at Harvard University, Columbia Teachers College, the Principals Training Center, the Teachers Training Center, and institutes sponsored by ASCD and AP.
“The professional development opportunities at ASL are incredible. If you’d have told me before I started teaching here that I’d have the chance to both attend and present at conferences in destinations as diverse as New York City, Florence and Madrid, I probably wouldn’t have believed you. ASL is definitely the place to come if you are looking for high quality professional development”.
Teacher in third year at ASL